The mask ex-hemp-tion card program goes up in smoke
The City of Edmonton implements an MS Paint-based mask exemption program. Plus, Council has COVID-caused crotchity crankiness. Hear about that.
- Edmonton on track for big, safe, vital construction season
- News Release: Construction season in full swing despite COVID-19 pandemic
- Aug. 4: News Release - Four-out-of-five Edmontonians observed wearing face coverings over the long weekend
- Aug. 7: Dziadyk's tweet about the exemption cards
- Aug. 8: Mack got an exemption card
- Aug. 9: Dziadyk interviewed about the cards
- Aug. 9: Knack shares a thread on the cards
- Aug. 10: News Release - Wearing face coverings crucial in slowing the spread of COVID-19
- Aug. 10: Transport Canada says if you can't wear a mask for medical reasons, prove it — or don't fly
- Aug. 10: Paquette questions the cards
- Aug. 10: Nickel blames Iveson in tweet
- Aug. 11: News Conference - Tuesday, August 11, 2020 - City of Edmonton update
- Aug. 11: Update: Face coverings being adopted, exemption cards strike a balance: Aitken
- Aug. 12: Iveson posts a thread about compliance and indicates he has questions about the exemption cards
- Aug. 12: Statement to Councillors from Administration
- Aug. 12: News Release - City stops face covering exemption card distribution through recreation centres
- Aug. 13: Reports that AHS won't treat cards as valid
- Aug. 13: Nickel writes a letter to Iveson
- Aug. 13: News Release - City of Edmonton provides updates on pandemic recovery
- Two Edmonton city councillors call for photo radar reduction
- Photo Radar Petition – Mike Nickel
- Edmonton Photo Radar - The Stats
- Photo radar in Alberta | Alberta.ca
Speaking Municipally is part of the Alberta Podcast Network: Locally grown. Community supported.
Have a question for us? Comment? Leave us a voice message.
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.