$11 million is all council is willing to Pear from the EPS budget
This week, council wraps up its very tepid response to the outrage regarding EPS funding by cutting an amount probably less than the staff time required to listen to - and ignore - all the speakers at public hearing. Plus, the COVID financial update came through and things are looking bad… but not bad enough to stop building freeways.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
- A Wild Week for Alan of Yoshii Express: How the Edmonton Community Came Together to Support A Small Business
- News Release: World's-largest airport solar farm arriving at EIA
Guest: Rob Houle
- Final Motion (PDF)
- 'A lack of political bravery': Edmonton council's police motion falls flat, experts say
- Edmonton's police reform plan gets mixed reviews
- Edmonton council votes against police budget freeze, opts to reallocate $11M
- Edmonton police officers investigated for use of force in pair of arrests
- Rob's tweet thread
- Edmonton releases statement on team name
- Edmonton CFL team to heed calls from sponsors and examine potential name change
- Rob's tweet
- July 3, 2020 Council Roundup
- News Conference: July 8, 2020
- News Release: City unveils Reimagine plan to deal with financial impact of COVID-19
- News Release: Government invests in completing Terwillegar Drive
- Kaycee Madu's tweet
Speak to us!
Speaking Municipally is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network: locally grown, community supported. This week we talked about Straight from the CPA's Mouth, a podcast from Alberta’s Chartered Professional Accountants that explores a variety of topics including financial literacy and leadership skills. We also highlighted Episode 74 of The Well Endowed Podcast from the Edmonton Community Foundation. The episode explores how Chinese communities in Edmonton continue to grow strong.
Speaking Municipally is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a home for curiosity-driven stories about our city, cultivated by the community. In addition to this podcast, Taproot publishes the Council Roundup every week. Sign up to get it delivered by email for free.★ Support this podcast ★
Speaking Municipally is part of the Alberta Podcast Network: Locally grown. Community supported.
Have a question for us? Comment? Leave us a voice message.
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.