$11 million is all council is willing to Pear from the EPS budget
This week, council wraps up its very tepid response to the outrage regarding EPS funding by cutting an amount probably less than the staff time required to listen to - and ignore - all the speakers at public hearing. Plus, the COVID financial update came through and things are looking bad… but not bad enough to stop building freeways.
- A Wild Week for Alan of Yoshii Express: How the Edmonton Community Came Together to Support A Small Business
- News Release: World's-largest airport solar farm arriving at EIA
- Final Motion (PDF)
- 'A lack of political bravery': Edmonton council's police motion falls flat, experts say
- Edmonton's police reform plan gets mixed reviews
- Edmonton council votes against police budget freeze, opts to reallocate $11M
- Edmonton police officers investigated for use of force in pair of arrests
- Rob's tweet thread
- Edmonton releases statement on team name
- Edmonton CFL team to heed calls from sponsors and examine potential name change
- Rob's tweet
- July 3, 2020 Council Roundup
- News Conference: July 8, 2020
- News Release: City unveils Reimagine plan to deal with financial impact of COVID-19
- News Release: Government invests in completing Terwillegar Drive
- Kaycee Madu's tweet
Speaking Municipally is part of the Alberta Podcast Network: Locally grown. Community supported.
Have a question for us? Comment? Leave us a voice message.
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.