We've Grazed taxes... or have we?
The Spring Supplementary Operating Budget Adjustment sets the tax rate at... an amount. It's either higher or lower than it was before. It's complicated. We'll get into it. Plus we'll talk about how the city is continuing to handle the pandemic, and give you some hot golf course tips.
- News Release: City Council confirms updates to 2020 Operating Budget
- Mayor Don Iveson: Tax Relief for Residents and Businesses during COVID-19
- COVID-19: Edmonton giving businesses a two per cent property tax break, residences to make up the difference
- New No tax increase for businesses this year, Edmonton council votes Business property owners in Edmonton
- Edmonton city council shifts tax break from homeowners to business
- Survey Results Show That Businesses are Struggling to Hang On
- News Release: COVID-19 Pandemic leads to further temporary layoffs
- COVID-19: City of Edmonton temporarily laying off additional 900 employees, property tax increase set to be lowest in two decades
- Keith Gerein: City's COVID-19 budget a mix of undesirable, uncertain and inescapable options
- News Release: Alberta’s safely staged COVID-19 relaunch\
- News Release: City responds to provincial relaunch plans
- News Release: City announces additional sport fields and court closures
Speaking Municipally is part of the Alberta Podcast Network: Locally grown. Community supported.
Have a question for us? Comment? Leave us a voice message.
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.