Edmonton is now in a sTATER TOT of local emergency
Everything you wanted to know about the coronavirus, and a selection of other things we'll tell you anyway. Plus, the season's are changing and we're about to move into Edmonton's next season: Construction (but no festivals)
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
- Mack's tweet
- Troy's tweet
- September 2016: Edmonton could be first city to allow phone-in committee meetings
State of Local Emergency
- Official Declaration
- Council Roundup: March 20, 2020
- What powers does the declaration of a state of local emergency provide?
- Don Iveson's tweet
- Edmonton's summer music festivals feel the uncertainty of pandemic
- JONES: Edmonton expected to lose major sporting events due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Edmonton's summer festival season in limbo due to COVID-19 outbreak
- COVID-19 - Northlands
- Jasper Avenue construction moving ahead despite cancelled public meetings
- Jasper Avenue New Vision
- Mack in 2009: Jasper Avenue New Visions
Walking and Driving
- Is it safe to go for a walk?
- Mack's tweet
- Fewer drivers on Edmonton streets but they're speeding more than before, city says
- As buildings empty, Downtown Business Association asks Edmonton police for more patrols
Speaking Municipally is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network, powered by ATB. This week we talked about The Well Endowed Podcast from the Edmonton Community Foundation. Episode 67 is all about The Piazza Project in McCauley. We also highlighted all of the great podcasts that our fellow APN members are publishing during this pandemic.
Speaking Municipally is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a home for curiosity-driven stories about our city, cultivated by the community. In addition to this podcast, Taproot publishes the Council Roundupevery week. Sign up to get it delivered by email for free.★ Support this podcast ★
Speaking Municipally is part of the Alberta Podcast Network: Locally grown. Community supported.
Have a question for us? Comment? Leave us a voice message.
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.