Thinking about the need to Maca cut
Council's got budget on the mind and is thinking about the places where they might need to Maca cut. The City Auditor reports an ongoing culture change, and the Edmonton Integrity Commissioner is officially announced. Meanwhile, Calgary is beating us in vision zero, without even trying.
Here are the relevant links if you'd like to go deeper on this week's episode:
- Plan to remove grass clippings from weekly garbage pickup inches ahead
- Mayor Iveson — “I leave my clippings on the lawn"
- An Edmonton City Council clash is coming on debt as other money dries up
- 'A lot of money': Industry eyes late fines as grand opening booked for Walterdale Bridge
- Culture of accountability at city hall finally taking hold: city auditor
- Former MP Brent Rathgeber named Edmonton's first ethics adviser
- Councillors to debate lowering residential speed limit to 30 km/h
- 30 km/h could be new default speed limit in Calgary
- Vision Zero Edmonton on Twitter: "We have to do better. There was one speeder who went 100 km in a 30 km zone today."
Speaking Municipally is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network, powered by ATB.
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© 2018 Taproot Publishing Inc.