The Supplemental Crabapital Budget AdjustmentDownload MP3
Council is asked to spend a bit more money on a few more things like crosswalks and enterprise software, and Waste Management, despite being asked, still cannot manage waste.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
- Elise Stolte: Recycling as we know it failed. Edmonton seeks new approach before reinvesting
- Safety inspection shuts down Edmonton's problem-plagued composting facility
- Separation Anxiety - 99% Invisible
Property Tax Powers
- Revitalizing municipalities across Alberta
- New bill gives Alberta municipalities more power to offer tax breaks
- Michael Oshry tweet
Spring 2019 SCBA
Enterprise Systems Transformation Program
Speaking Municipally is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network, powered by ATB. This week we highlighted the Edmonton Public Library's Summer Reads '19 reading club for adults. Sign up from June 22 to August 24 and submit your completed activity sheet for a chance to win some great prizes. We also talked about ATB Financial's support of pride. "With representation across Alberta, including rural communities, ATB’s internal LGBTA Network is working to transform ATB into the place to work for LGBTQ+ team members and allies."
Speaking Municipally is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a home for curiosity-driven stories about our city, cultivated by the community. In addition to this podcast, Taproot publishes the Council Roundup every week. Sign up to get it delivered by email for free.★ Support this podcast ★