Cornfusion with the 104st market location
This week Mack and Troy are joined again by Mel Priestley to delve in-depth into the confusion over the Downtown Farmers Market and where it will call home in the future.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
Mayor Iveson turns 40
- Carly Robinson's tweet
- IPEdmonton's tweet
- yegdtmarket on Instagram: Post 1 and Post 2
- Elise Stolte: Surprise. Farmers Market going back to 104 Street.
- Downtown farmers’ market to 104th Street: I can’t quit you!
- City Market to leave 104th Street
- 104th Street: Marquee area, mismatched market
- Edmonton’s City Market Downtown needs community representation
- Recap: The City Market Decides Against the Mercer Warehouse as a Potential Year-Round Venue
- Why we love living downtown
Speaking Municipally is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network, powered by ATB. This week we talked about Alberta Blue Cross which is organizing The Wellness Summit on October 10. The event is "a day to explore fresh perspectives and practices around wellness" and the theme this year is "what it takes to create healthy workplace cultures where everyone thrives." We also talked about some of the events upcoming from or featuring APN members including the Edmonton International Cat Festival and Pecha Kucha Night 34. You can find those and plenty of other events at the APN website.
Speaking Municipally is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a home for curiosity-driven stories about our city, cultivated by the community. In addition to this podcast, Taproot publishes the Council Roundup every week. Sign up to get it delivered by email for free.★ Support this podcast ★
Speaking Municipally is part of the Alberta Podcast Network: Locally grown. Community supported.
Have a question for us? Comment? Leave us a voice message.
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.