Iveson's State of the City address was this week and we've got the Cliff's notes. Meanwhile City Council peeks over the edge of the Precipice of regulating parking and contemplates jumping. City admin suggests that we shouldn't bid on the commonwealth games, and it's not a Bluff to improve our negotiating position. Finally, when Jon D opens his mouth there's no talking him down off that Cliff.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
Telephone Historical Centre
State of the City
- State of the City Address
- From Edmonton's NDP stronghold, Iveson offers olive branch to Kenney government
- Facebook Live recording
- Mack's Twitter thread
- Comprehensive Review of Parking Regulations in Zoning Bylaw 12800
- Elise Stolte: Council can't ignore the massive subsidy behind 'free' parking
- Committee endorses plan to eliminate Edmonton's minimum parking requirements
Speaking Municipally is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network, powered by ATB. This week we highlighted The Well Endowed Podcast, a production of the Edmonton Community Foundation. The podcast tells the stories of how endowment funds intersect with the community. We also highlighted Perch, a podcast produced by ATB Financial. The show connects with the experts, influencers, and big thinkers who are shaping the province.
Speaking Municipally is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a home for curiosity-driven stories about our city, cultivated by the community. In addition to this podcast, Taproot publishes the Council Roundup every week. Sign up to get it delivered by email for free.★ Support this podcast ★