The Orange Dot
We're living in Kenney's Alberta, and we'd be remiss if we didn't talk about the massive change of government. Mack and Troy show the echoes of the past in the election results and break down what these results might mean for the City of Edmonton. This episode contains 3 (three) Hot Takes.
- Klein’s policies got us into this mess: Budget cuts of 1990s did lasting damage
- Lakritz: Please, not a return to Klein's Alberta Advantage
- Notley raises spectre of Klein-style cuts under UCP government
- NDP sweeps Edmonton, leaving city an island of orange in a sea of blue
- Incoming premier promises to work with Edmonton, despite city's chilly reception
- Elise Stolte: Orange Edmonton desperately needs to build bridges in this sea of blue
- Edmonton Public School Trustees doing their due diligence by asking about UCP education cuts
- 'The election is behind us': Kenney and Notley meet to transition government
- Mayor Don Iveson's statement
Speaking Municipally is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network, powered by ATB.
Have a question for us? Comment? Leave us a voice message.
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© 2018 Taproot Publishing Inc.