Put your organics in a different rutabega
Secondary suites are legal in Edmonton, and we're rezoning some developments to allow the already legal weed. We talk about a lot of garbage - we don't mean that pejoratively, it's about organics - and Troy lets you know about the biggest stealth conservative lobby organization in our city.
- City of Edmonton faces environmental charges: "The Alberta government has laid seven charges against the City of Edmonton for pesticide-related offences."
- Mayor says west leg of LRT will not be built as a public-private partnership
- 'I shouldn't have said that': Edmonton mayor reveals private details about west LRT line
- City reports focus on future of waste services
- Thick skin needed to overhaul Edmonton's failing garbage system, expert says
- Reduction and/or Elimination Mechanisms of Single Use Plastics
- "Beyond single-use plastic bags, Vancouver, in a bid to become zero-waste by 2040, became the first major Canadian city to ban plastic straws (May 2018). The city council motion also bans the distribution of foam cups and takeout containers and will come into effect on June 1, 2019."
- City expands opportunities to take advantage of the benefits of secondary suites
- Council OKs broad new rules for rentals in duplexes, small lots and row-houses
Speaking Municipally is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network, powered by ATB.
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© 2018 Taproot Publishing Inc.