Ripe or not, here I kumquat
Council has to deal with an upcoming return of the Mayfair issue and grapple with the question of how many downtown towers is too many, neither of which they really want to. Fluoride makes an appearance as well.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
Groat Road Closure
Cannabis at the mall
- Edmonton mayor asks province, Ottawa for $1.1B for affordable housing
- City calls on province, feds for $1.1 billion in affordable housing funding
- From August 2018: City-wide 16 per cent affordable housing goal gets OK from Edmonton council
- Feeling unsafe in downtown Edmonton? You're not alone, report says
- PDF: Safety & Security in Downtown Edmonton
- Downtown Edmonton councillor asks: how many towers is too much?
- From 2016: Don’t get too excited about supertall building proposals in Edmonton
Royal Mayfair Golf Club
- Parks advocates want wider discussion on future of Royal Mayfair Golf Club land
- Lease extension for Royal Mayfair Golf Club heads to city committee
Speaking Municipally is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network, powered by ATB. This week we highlighted The Well Endowed Podcast, a production of the Edmonton Community Foundation. It tells stories about how endowments intersect with the community. We also talked about fellow APN members City of Champions and Let's Find Out. Listen for an interview with Mack and audio from the live show that kicked off the new season for Let's Find Out.
Speaking Municipally is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a home for curiosity-driven stories about our city, cultivated by the community. In addition to this podcast, Taproot publishes the Council Roundup every week. Sign up to get it delivered by email for free.★ Support this podcast ★
Speaking Municipally is part of the Alberta Podcast Network: Locally grown. Community supported.
Have a question for us? Comment? Leave us a voice message.
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.