The snowplowing naming contest results are in and the result is clear: no one can name a single one on residential streets. Plus, council debates a new dog park pilot strategy and a single-source contract for a downtown pedway.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
- News Release: Name a Plow contest winners announced
- City official 'hearing a lot' from Edmontonians about snowy residential roads, says help coming soon - Edmonton
103A Avenue Pedway
- $26M single-sourced pedway project east of downtown Edmonton faces council vote
- Janz calls for Edmonton lobbyist registry in light of pitched no-bid $26.5 million pedway deal
- On the agenda: Coronation funding, pedway construction, climate reviews
Off-leash dog parks
- Edmonton may add 30 temporary off-leash dog parks this spring
- Off-leash dog parks set to pop up around Edmonton this spring in $300K pilot
Substantial completion standard
Valley Line LRT
Speaking Municipally is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network: locally grown, community supported.
This week we talked about Park Power, your friendly, local utilities provider in Alberta. Offering Internet, Electricity, and Natural Gas with low rates, awesome service, and profit-sharing with local charities. We also highlighted fellow APN member Three Kitchens, a podcast about home cooking.
Speaking Municipally is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a source of curiosity-driven original stories, curated newsletters on various topics, and locally focused podcasts, all in the service of informing Edmontonians about what is going on in their community. Sign up to get The Pulse, our weekday news briefing. It's free!★ Support this podcast ★