Fi-Fa-Oh... Um... Let's just play hockey instead
Part of 102 Avenue downtown will be car-free, and police budgets, after all this debate, may well be scrutiny-free too.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
Waste collector appreciation
World Cup 2026
- Troy's tweet
- Mayor Sohi's tweet
- Edmonton will keep 102 Avenue closed to traffic for 1-year pedestrian pilot
- 1988 Edmonton downtown design improvement manual
- Chinatown 'like a wound that we all have,' says advocate
- Councillors support infrastructure boosts coming to Edmonton's Chinatown
- Downtown Core and Transit Safety Plan
- Accused in Chinatown homicides was dropped off in Edmonton by RCMP 3 days before killings
- Mayor Sohi's tweet
- Chinatown homicides: McFee says EPS couldn't arrest Justin Bone because RCMP dropped him off
- Councillors' actions on police funding differ from candidates' words
- Edmonton Mayor Sohi says despite recent tensions, relations improving with police commission
Speaking Municipally is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network: locally grown, community supported.
This week we highlighted Alberta Blue Cross which can help employees manage their own health, dental, life and disability coverage online — any time, on any device. We also talked about The Future Of, a podcast from ATB that promises to give you insights to help navigate what is often an uncertain future. Hosted by ATB's chief economist Todd Hirsch, the podcast explores how our economy and communities can not only brace for change, but embrace the opportunity it creates.
Speaking Municipally is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a source of curiosity-driven original stories, curated newsletters on various topics, and locally focused podcasts, all in the service of informing Edmontonians about what is going on in their community. Sign up to get The Pulse, our weekday news briefing. It's free!★ Support this podcast ★
Speaking Municipally is part of the Alberta Podcast Network: Locally grown. Community supported.
Have a question for us? Comment? Leave us a voice message.
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.