Mini-stories east of downtown
Guests Sharon Yeo, David Holdsworth, and Hon Leong join to give insight into some of the infrastructure, cultural, and systemic reasons why Chinatown is facing the problems it is today.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
- Councillors' actions on police funding differ from candidates' words
- Edmonton city council settles on $407M annual base funding for police
Guest: Sharon Yeo
Guest: David Holdsworth
Guest: Hon Leong
- 2022 Chinatown Projects & Support
- 2017: Chinatown Strategy
- Keith Gerein: Edmonton's Chinatown looks to take control, even if that means moving
- Edmontonians join national effort to rebuild Chinatowns across Canada
- Pandemic leaves Edmonton's Chinatown just trying to hang on
Speaking Municipally is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network: locally grown, community supported.
This week, with help from the Edmonton Community Foundation, we highlighted Is This For Real?, a podcast about various facets of Black life in Edmonton. We also talked about Alberta Blue Cross which offers health, dental, life and disability coverage for small business employees.
Speaking Municipally is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a source of curiosity-driven original stories, curated newsletters on various topics, and locally focused podcasts, all in the service of informing Edmontonians about what is going on in their community. Sign up to get The Pulse, our weekday news briefing. It's free!★ Support this podcast ★
Speaking Municipally is part of the Alberta Podcast Network: Locally grown. Community supported.
Have a question for us? Comment? Leave us a voice message.
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.