Veggies, get to the CHOPPA
The budget is well underway and motions were made... and quickly unmade. As well, the police is getting more money, but LESS more money. We also touch on transit stations, helicopters and the doomed metro line
- Budget bits: Here are some interesting items city council is mulling
- Edmonton mayor reins in requests for budget add-ons
- Councillors decide Edmonton police will get budget boost but not as much as requested
- Edmonton police get $75M boost over four years
- New Edmonton police helicopter saved from budget chopping block
- 'The sky has not fallen': City council queries staff on need for cannabis funding, mulls other saving strategies
- From 2014 on helicopters: Why isn’t City Council pushing back on the Edmonton Police Service?
- Elise Stolte: Edmonton's transit stations are dead, empty, soulless places. An extra security guard won't change that.
Speaking Municipally is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network, powered by ATB.
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© 2018 Taproot Publishing Inc.