It works everywhere else in Alberta, but could it work here? Police say no.
Executive committee debated the police funding formula and they gave it their best go. Tune in for the cliff's notes before council as a whole does the entire thing again next week.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
- Alberta Premier Jason Kenney resigning as UCP leader despite narrow win in leadership review
- Jason Kenney to remain as premier, party leader until new UCP leader is chosen
High Level Streetcar
- Councillors undecided on how best to spend community safety money
- Edmonton aims to end racism, poverty and be the safest city in Canada by 2030 with new strategy
- Suggested actions for investment
- Edmonton mayor pitches $5M for outreach patrol teams and day shelter
- Edmonton police up downtown patrols, council hears calls for safety
- Downtown Recovery Coalition
- City councillors propose $385M base budget for Edmonton police
- Erin Rutherford's motion
- Andrew Knack's rationale
- Allegations against Stevenson
- Police Act
Speaking Municipally is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network: locally grown, community supported.
This week we highlighted The Well Endowed Podcast from the Edmonton Community Foundation which explores the impact of passionate people who are working to make Edmonton a strong, vibrant city to live in. Inventures 2022, where you can Learn, share, and be inspired by the startups, entrepreneurs, investors, and global thought leaders who are redefining the future.
Speaking Municipally is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a source of curiosity-driven original stories, curated newsletters on various topics, and locally focused podcasts, all in the service of informing Edmontonians about what is going on in their community. Sign up to get The Pulse, our weekday news briefing. It's free!★ Support this podcast ★
Speaking Municipally is part of the Alberta Podcast Network: Locally grown. Community supported.
Have a question for us? Comment? Leave us a voice message.
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.