Taxes have snow where to go but up
This week, the mayor gave the state of the city, and like city council meetings, you probably didn’t watch it. We’ll tell you the important parts, plus our first look at next year’s tax increase. Which will, definitely, be an increase.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
State of the City
- Mayor slams province, praises region, in State of the City address
- Edmonton Mayor Sohi blasts province in state of city address
- Mayor Amarjeet Sohi State of The City 2022 (PDF)
- Sohi says latest LRT attack 'really scares people away' from transit, asks for provincial help
- CTLA news release
- Edmonton heads toward tough budget with steep tax increases or deep service cuts
- Edmonton considers spending millions more on snow clearing
Speaking Municipally is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network: locally grown, community supported.
This week we highlighted Inventures 2022, where you can Learn, share, and be inspired by the startups, entrepreneurs, investors, and global thought leaders who are redefining the future. We also talked about Alberta Blue Cross, which makes group coverage for small businesses easy.
Speaking Municipally is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a source of curiosity-driven original stories, curated newsletters on various topics, and locally focused podcasts, all in the service of informing Edmontonians about what is going on in their community. Sign up to get The Pulse, our weekday news briefing. It's free!★ Support this podcast ★
Speaking Municipally is part of the Alberta Podcast Network: Locally grown. Community supported.
Have a question for us? Comment? Leave us a voice message.
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.