Watching the watch... peopleDownload MP3
After some legal advice, Coun. Anne Stevenson is ready to come on the podcast and answer our questions about the police commission.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
Guest: Anne Stevenson
- Op-ed from EPC chair John McDougall: Edmonton police have a duty to keep protests safe
- Commission should question police about fatal shooting, says criminologist
- Opinion: Edmonton Police Commission's role isn't defending police action
- Tweet from Alayne Sinclair
- Council looks to make police commission bigger amid calls for better oversight
- Heart of YEG Safe Walk
- Council privately quashes recommended audit of Edmonton policing
- Integrity commissioner dismisses police association's complaint against councillor
- The Progress Report has filed a discreditable conduct complaint against Chief McFee
Speaking Municipally is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network: locally grown, community supported.
This week we highlighted the Alberta Podcast Network itself, which builds audiences for Alberta-made podcasts and connects those listeners to Alberta-based businesses, organizations, and community partners. Advertising with the network can be a great way to reach Albertans! We also talked about Park Power, your friendly, local utilities provider in Alberta offering internet, electricity, and natural gas with low rates, awesome service, and profit-sharing with local charities.
Speaking Municipally is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a source of curiosity-driven original stories, curated newsletters on various topics, and locally focused podcasts, all in the service of informing Edmontonians about what is going on in their community. Sign up to get The Pulse, our weekday news briefing. It's free!★ Support this podcast ★