A public washroom strategy lost in transitlation
The city deals with its abundance of public washrooms by closing several of them. Plus, the police revoke credentials of The Progress Report, council passes a bylaw that doesn't change mask rules at all, and council votes against developing active transportation options near a new development.
- Further IIHF event updates
- UCP leadership to be decided by mail-in ballot, Jean accuses Kenney camp of cheating
- Edmonton lays claim to world's first NFT book, written by Todd Babiak and donated to the EPL
- World's first book published as a Non-Fungible Token (NFT) Available to Borrow Exclusively at the Edmonton Public Library
- City of Edmonton closes nearly all public washrooms in transit stations to reduce drug poisoning risk
- Feb. 22 agenda item
- 2021 Alberta drug poisoning stats
- How public washrooms help make a city work well
- Mack's tweet thread
- The Edmonton Police are trying to silence us, it won't work
- The Progress Report has filed a discreditable conduct complaint against Chief McFee
- Calgary Trail development gets zoning go-ahead but without bike paths some councillors wanted
- Agenda item
- EVER Square
Speaking Municipally is part of the Alberta Podcast Network: Locally grown. Community supported.
Have a question for us? Comment? Leave us a voice message.
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.