Masks are SO fifth wave
City council repeals the mask bylaw...and proposes a couple more for next week? We break down the baffling mask debate from City Hall. Plus catch up on trains, bikes, and anti-racism.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
- 'Full hog': Edmonton could become first Canadian city with permanent wild pigs if city is unprepared, expert warns
- PSA - Edmonton ends masking in public spaces
- City of Edmonton tweet
- Alberta lifting almost all remaining COVID-19 restrictions March 1
- Edmonton council to debate mask bylaw Tuesday afternoon
- Bill 4
Metro Line LRT
- Mass Transit: Planning for 1.25 Million People
- North LRT back on priority list
- Edmonton's Metro Line LRT expansion to Castle Downs reinstated
Alcohol in parks
Speaking Municipally is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network: locally grown, community supported.
This week we highlighted YourForest, a podcast about the natural world featuring stories about the environment, renewable resources, conservation, forestry, and more. We also talked about ATB Cares which makes it easy to donate to eligible Albertan charities with ATB matching 20% of every dollar donated.
Speaking Municipally is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a source of curiosity-driven original stories, curated newsletters on various topics, and locally focused podcasts, all in the service of informing Edmontonians about what is going on in their community. Sign up to get The Pulse, our weekday news briefing. It's free!
Speaking Municipally is part of the Alberta Podcast Network: Locally grown. Community supported.
Have a question for us? Comment? Leave us a voice message.
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.