The Edmonton Police Service faces blowback for its handling of convoy protests and counter-protestors, and also deals with the unintentional declassification of its super-secret confidential plane.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
- Edmonton council opts to not create city-run vaccine passport program
- Mack's tweet thread
- Andrew Knack's tweet
- Amarjeet Sohi's tweet
- Small group of pedestrians, cyclists bring convoy to a standstill in Edmonton's river valley
- Troy's tweet
- Mack's tweet about asking questions
- Mack's tweet about police communications
- Amarjeet Sohi's tweet about meeting with EPS/EPC
- Op-ed from EPC chair John McDougall: Edmonton police have a duty to keep protests safe
- Edmonton police chief calls for calm; defends response to truck protests, counter-protests
Guest: Michelle Peters-Jones
- Mack's tweet thread of the meeting
- Mack's tweets about the budget
- Troy's tweets about councillor silence
- Police commission hears Edmontonians' concerns over ongoing convoy protests
- Edmonton police readying for another anti-restriction protest this weekend
- Edmonton Police have a secret plane and they're getting another
- Edmonton police replace plane operating 'covertly' for three decades
- Edmonton police to replace 'confidential' plane for $4.3 million
- Edmonton police insist airplane is not secret — it's just not publicized
Speaking Municipally is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network: locally grown, community supported.
This week we highlighted Edmonton Public Schools, which is hosting virtual open houses for the 2022-23 school year. We also talked about the Boys and Girls Clubs and Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton and Area, also known as BGCBigs. There's currently a need for mentors in many BGCBigs programs as well as virtual tutors who can support young people as they transition back to school."
Speaking Municipally is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a source of curiosity-driven original stories, curated newsletters on various topics, and locally focused podcasts, all in the service of informing Edmontonians about what is going on in their community. Sign up to get The Pulse, our weekday news briefing. It's free!
Speaking Municipally is part of the Alberta Podcast Network: Locally grown. Community supported.
Have a question for us? Comment? Leave us a voice message.
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.