Qualico was making headway and now we're taking away their pedway
Council's back and wasted no time packing our schedule with stuff to talk about. We’ve got pedway memos and police flashbangs - both the physical kind and on Twitter too.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
- 'They're not filling all those bus seats:' Edmonton transit union says some bus trips being missed due to increase in driver absences amid rising COVID-19 spread
- PSA - ETS adjusts service in response to workforce shortages
- Station Lands briefing memo
- Notice of motion at Executive Committee
- Qualico looking for $37M in CRL funding to move Station Lands forward
- City of Edmonton won't compensate restaurant owners after police damaged building
- 'We can't close': Edmonton businesses fight to stay afloat during peak of fifth wave
- Edmonton restaurant frustrated with city policies after business damaged during police arrest: 'It's the principle'
- Avnish Nanda on Twitter
Madu and McFee
- Alberta justice minister fined for distracted driving, called police chief about ticket
- Jason Kenney's tweet thread
- Suspended Alberta justice minister says he called police chief to check he wasn't being profiled
- 'A slap in the face': Edmonton police leader upset with Madu; Kenney not answering questions
Bus network redesign
- Interim report on BNR
- On-demand transit seems to be catching on
- City of Edmonton provides 1st interim report reviewing bus network redesign - Edmonton
- Lengthy walking distance complaints roll in on Edmonton's new bus routes, no changes recommended in first update to council
- Tim Cartmell: Snow Clearing: Is it Time to Start from Scratch?
- PSA - City of Edmonton trials windrow pick up in Griesbach
Speaking Municipally is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network: locally grown, community supported.
This week we highlighted Park Power, " your friendly, local utilities provider in Alberta offering Internet, Electricity, and Natural Gas with low rates, awesome service, and profit-sharing with local charities." We also talked about Edmonton Public Schools, which is hosting virtual open houses for the 2022-23 school year.
Speaking Municipally is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a source of curiosity-driven original stories, curated newsletters on various topics, and locally focused podcasts, all in the service of informing Edmontonians about what is going on in their community. Sign up to get The Pulse, our weekday news briefing. It's free!
Speaking Municipally is part of the Alberta Podcast Network: Locally grown. Community supported.
Have a question for us? Comment? Leave us a voice message.
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.