Twas the week after budget
This episode is about the budget. Happy holidays and may your break be not filled with nightmares of watching city council debate the budget. Ours will be.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
- News Release: City Council confirms 2022 budget
- Edmonton Police Service budget increase for 2022 cut to $1M, capital budget finalized
- Edmonton city council sets 1.91 per cent tax levy increase for next year in approving $3.1-billion 2022 operating budget
- Mack's budget tweets
- Budget documents
- EPS promising to 'protect the jobs' of officers after 2022 budget increase is slashed
- EPS Funding Formula
- July 2020 motion
- Fall 2020 SOBA
- Coun. Aaron Paquette's subsequent motion
Speaking Municipally is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network: locally grown, community supported.
This week we highlighted Park Power, your friendly, local utilities provider in Alberta. You can reach out for a no obligation comparison by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and if you decide to switch, it's easy. We also talked about The Future Of, a podcast from ATB Financial that recently launched its third season.
Speaking Municipally is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a source of curiosity-driven original stories, curated newsletters on various topics, and locally focused podcasts, all in the service of informing Edmontonians about what is going on in their community. Sign up to get The Pulse, our weekday news briefing. It's free!
Speaking Municipally is part of the Alberta Podcast Network: Locally grown. Community supported.
Have a question for us? Comment? Leave us a voice message.
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.