Taking Valley Line completion off our photo radar
The LRT is delayed again, but when it comes to LRT, timelines don't mean anything anyway. Plus, Edmonton chose 40 km/h as a safer speed for roadways, and the ever-benevolent province has now made it illegal to enforce those speeds with photo radar.
- Opening of Edmonton's $1.8B Valley Line southeast LRT delayed a third time to summer 2022
- Troy's tweet
- Valley Line Southeast LRT artworks on track to wow commuters
- Planned three-year closure of Edmonton's Hawrelak Park starting in 2023 leaves popular festivals in limbo
- Michael Janz's tweet
- U of A chemicals destroyed by EPS in controlled detonations at Hawrelak Park
- Alberta government says onus will be on municipalities to prove photo radar improves traffic safety
- Alberta extends freeze on new photo radar locations, aims to reduce 'cash cow' factor
- Rachel Notley's tweet
- Don Iveson's tweet
- Drivers parking on new bike lane in Garneau neighbourhood
- Paths For People wants part of Edmonton's 102 Avenue to be car-free, a city councillor moves it forward
Speaking Municipally is part of the Alberta Podcast Network: Locally grown. Community supported.
Have a question for us? Comment? Leave us a voice message.
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.