From 0% we won't Budge-it
Budget season is coming up, we'll give you a preview. Plus, a new task force on homelessness and an update on urban national park. Two new councillors make their introductory debut on this episode: Anne Stevenson and Jo-Anne Wright.
- News Release: Protecting vulnerable Albertans this winter
- Alberta announces $21.5 million to help homeless, domestic violence shelters this winter
- Enough beds expected in Edmonton's shelter system this winter following $21.5-million investment from Alberta government, Commonwealth Stadium to open as 24-7 shelter
- News Release: Task force to develop homelessness action plan
- Earlier: 'Significant gap in services:' City of Edmonton anticipates need for 350 additional shelter beds heading into winter, Sohi calling on province to fund Commonwealth Stadium 24-7 shelter
- Earlier: 'We are facing a crisis:' Edmonton shelter occupancy hits 97% as province poised to announce additional funding supports Wednesday
- Earlier: Edmonton shelters wait for province to step up as funds dry up
- City of Edmonton proposing 1.8% property tax increase for 2022, projecting COVID-19 shortfall of $96.7 million
- Keith Gerein: Eager new council should avoid making waves while diving into Edmonton's budget
- City Council Non-Statutory Public Hearing - Budget - Nov. 29, 2021
- City of Edmonton reverses decision to privatize bus cleaning, saving more than 100 jobs
- Edmonton to move forward with exploring a potential national urban park
- Parks Canada to consider Edmonton-area river valley for national urban park network
Speaking Municipally is part of the Alberta Podcast Network: Locally grown. Community supported.
Have a question for us? Comment? Leave us a voice message.
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.