Proactive Donair DisclosureDownload MP3
Just like construction in Edmonton, there's an endless amount of candidate news. We try to keep up with the firehose of information that's coming out.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
- 2013: LRT Construction Downtown: Short-term pain, long-term gain!
- Jasper Avenue construction completed after 2 years
- City of Edmonton tweet
- Brent Toderian tweet
Housing and Police
- Housing First question
- Police racism question
- Police budget question
- Edmonton police chief contract extended to 2026
- Edmonton police chief commits to addressing crime, social disorder in city's downtown
- Municipal election rundown: Oct. 6, 2021
- Voter turnout in Edmonton triples since 2017 in first two days of advance polls
- Vanessa Denman: Our ability to choose has been taken away
- NDP denies running Edmonton city council 'slate,' defends endorsements
- Ask YEG Mayoral Candidate Kim Krushell Anything
- Amarjeet Sohi: An Edmontonian Musical
Speaking Municipally is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network: locally grown, community supported.
This week we highlighted ATB which offers "expert and practical advice in everyday banking, and investment planning expertise and management services with ATB Wealth." We also talked about Rumi which "partners with local Alberta businesses and carefully selected vendors to help deliver homeowner happiness."
Speaking Municipally is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a source of curiosity-driven original stories, curated newsletters on various topics, and locally focused podcasts, all in the service of informing Edmontonians about what is going on in their community. Sign up to get The Pulse, our weekday news briefing. It's free!★ Support this podcast ★