AfreDon't defund supervised consumption
This week we're joined by public health expert Elaine Hyshka who helps us break down the drug poisoning crisis and what we can, should, and aren't doing about it.
- Edmonton doctors band together to battle Alberta's deepening opioid crisis
- Opinion: COVID-19 crisis is likely to blame for Alberta's rising overdoses
- Edmonton opioid crisis: Daily deaths, overdoses overwhelming social services and health-care system
- 'Keeping these people alive': A volunteer team works to reverse overdoses in Edmonton
- Canada's drug policy — not drugs — is killing people at record numbers, advocates say
- Portraits of loss: One hundred lives, felled by an overdose crisis
- Canada's opioid crisis (fact sheet)
- International Overdose Awareness Day
- Edmontonians march for better outreach, action on opioid crisis on International Overdose Awareness Day
- Elaine's tweet
Speaking Municipally is part of the Alberta Podcast Network: Locally grown. Community supported.
Have a question for us? Comment? Leave us a voice message.
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.