AfreDon't defund supervised consumption
This week we're joined by public health expert Elaine Hyshka who helps us break down the drug poisoning crisis and what we can, should, and aren't doing about it.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
Guest: Elaine Hyshka
- Edmonton doctors band together to battle Alberta's deepening opioid crisis
- Opinion: COVID-19 crisis is likely to blame for Alberta's rising overdoses
- Edmonton opioid crisis: Daily deaths, overdoses overwhelming social services and health-care system
- 'Keeping these people alive': A volunteer team works to reverse overdoses in Edmonton
- Canada's drug policy — not drugs — is killing people at record numbers, advocates say
- Portraits of loss: One hundred lives, felled by an overdose crisis
- Canada's opioid crisis (fact sheet)
- International Overdose Awareness Day
- Edmontonians march for better outreach, action on opioid crisis on International Overdose Awareness Day
- Elaine's tweet
Supervised Consumption Services
Speaking Municipally is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network: locally grown, community supported.
This week we highlighted YEGPodFest, presented by Edmonton Community Foundation, in partnership with the Alberta Podcast Network and LitFest, Canada's nonfiction festival. YEGPodFest runs online from Oct. 1-3. We also talked about Bessie Box which delivers healthy, naturally raised meat and seafood right to your door! Use the promotion code APN10 to save ten percent off your first order.
Speaking Municipally is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a source of curiosity-driven original stories, curated newsletters on various topics, and locally focused podcasts, all in the service of informing Edmontonians about what is going on in their community. Sign up to get The Pulse, our weekday news briefing. It's free!★ Support this podcast ★
Speaking Municipally is part of the Alberta Podcast Network: Locally grown. Community supported.
Have a question for us? Comment? Leave us a voice message.
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.