The transit fare increase is Tarragon, for now
Against the advice of City Council, City Council elects not to raise the transit cash fare. Plus, City Council argues with City Council in letters to City Council.
- Local greenhouse owners warn public of bedding plant shortage this summer
- News Release: City highlights importance of parks and open spaces
- News Release: Making money matter to Alberta students
- Edmonton city council freezes transit cash fare at $3.50 until February, forgoes planned 25-cent increase
- News Release: Transit activists and advocates celebrate win after Council freezes fares following community petition – Free Transit Edmonton
- Troy's tweet
- Previously: Executive committee endorses transit cash fare raise, electronic fare discount
- 'Unscheduled study visits:' Edmonton mayor furious with police for touring councillors through convention centre homeless shelter
- Two Edmonton councillors criticize Iveson's concerns with police-led tours through convention centre homeless shelter, call for apology
- Mike Nickel's tweet
Speaking Municipally is part of the Alberta Podcast Network: Locally grown. Community supported.
Have a question for us? Comment? Leave us a voice message.
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.