No Raisin to go forward with the innovation hub
There's no reason to go forward with the innovation hub. It's dead. Forever. Happy Halloween. Don Iveson also gets fed up with lack of provincial funding for municipal projects as the debate around the capital budget begins.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
- LRT to return to full service Thursday after 40 trains sidelined by mechanical issue
- Damage control in full force as city continues to fix damaged LRT cars
Innovation Hub Update
- Edmonton councillors call for accountability of city's economic agency
- Mack's Twitter thread from Council on October 23
Startup in Residence
- Big budgeting: Edmonton rolls out proposed four-year, $4.3-billion capital budget
- Nearly 100 projects potentially left out of Edmonton's capital budget
- Councillors favour taking on debt to fund high-priority projects during first capital budget discussion
- September 2013: Edmonton does not have a debt problem
- The Municipal Sustainability Initiative (MSI)
- 'Just frustrated': Iveson wants to meet with Notley to untangle municipal funding issue
Speaking Municipally is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network, powered by ATB. This week we talked about Let's Do Coffee, a new podcast from the Mawji Centre for New Venture and Student Entrepreneurship at NAIT. Episode 2 features an interview with VR entrepreneur Kyle Gagnon. We also highlighted ATB's Branch for Arts & Culture, located inside the CKUA building on Jasper Avenue. It's a bank, music venue, and creative space all in one.
Speaking Municipally is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a home for curiosity-driven stories about our city, cultivated by the community. In addition to this podcast, Taproot publishes the Council Roundup every week. Sign up to get it delivered by email for free. Here's the October 26, 2018 edition.★ Support this podcast ★
Speaking Municipally is part of the Alberta Podcast Network: Locally grown. Community supported.
Have a question for us? Comment? Leave us a voice message.
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.