Council unanimously rejects a proposed social media policy and Councillor Sarah Hamilton joins us to explain why. Plus, Troy gets a letter in the mail.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
Guest: Sarah Hamilton
Social Media Policy
- City administration to draft new rules to guide councillors on social media blocking
- Edmonton city council rejects proposed social media policy
- Sarah Hamilton's Twitter thread
Cease and Desist
- Edmonton responds to federal transit funding announcement
- Final LRV delivered
- French train maker Alstom now owns Bombardier's rail business
Speaking Municipally is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network: locally grown, community supported.
This week we gave a Pod Power shoutout to the What's the Tsismis? podcast from CJSR 88.5 FM, which provides "an inside look on Pilipinx identity in the diaspora." We also talked about ATB's podcast The Future Of, hosted by chief economist Todd Hirsch. The podcast explores "how our economy and communities can not only brace for change, but embrace the opportunity it creates."
Speaking Municipally is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a source of curiosity-driven original stories, curated newsletters on various topics, and locally focused podcasts, all in the service of informing Edmontonians about what is going on in their community. Sign up to get The Pulse, our weekday news briefing. It's free!★ Support this podcast ★