Neighbourhood pools are Cloves'd
Can you guess the three pools administration proposed closing in this year's budget? I'll give you a hint, it's the same ones they propose closing in every budget. Plus, Dr. Hinshaw proposes a solution to COVID-19 that involves "being diligent", "redoubling our efforts" and "really coming together" and the EPS propose buying new clothes as a potential avenue for police reform.
- COVID-19 has killed 110 Albertans so far during worst month of pandemic
- Edmonton mayor says stronger COVID-19 measures ‘needed soon’ to slow growth in 2nd wave
- Mask Bylaw Agenda Item
- News Release: Report release sets the stage for budget discussions to begin with a proposed zero percent tax levy increase
- Edmonton's smaller rec centres could be sold, council hears
- 3 pools, 2 arenas on chopping block as Edmonton looks at tax freeze
- 'Unlikely to be sustainable:' Auditor cautions city after operating spending increases sharply since 2000
- Edmonton police chief says governments and agencies need to work better together, not defund police
- 'Our current system is fractured:' Edmonton police chief pushing for partnership response to strengthen community safety
- A new look for the Edmonton Police Service? Report on uniforms, vehicle livery goes to council Monday
Speaking Municipally is part of the Alberta Podcast Network: Locally grown. Community supported.
Have a question for us? Comment? Leave us a voice message.
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.