Local businesses going OniOnlineDownload MP3
We speak with a listener about some analysis of council voting records. And could the data about COVID in restaurants from the rest of the world REALLY be true here? In Jason Kenney's Alberta?
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
- Residents urge Edmonton city council to expand bike network, solar rebate program to address climate change
Voting Records - with Justin Smalley
Restaurant Restrictions - with Sharon Yeo
- Food Roundup: Kenney pledges Alberta restaurants will remain open
- Food Roundup: Premier Jason Kenney downplays restaurant transmission of COVID-19
- Alberta physicians call for 'sharp' two-week lockdown to curb spread of COVID-19
- Alberta prepares to introduce further restrictions as COVID-19 cases rise
- Alberta chambers of commerce seek clarity on circumstances that would trigger a lockdown
- Iveson: Mayors generally support stronger COVID-19 measures but cities’ ‘tool kit is limited’
- How to stop restaurants from driving COVID infections
- Study shows restaurants are riskiest for COVID-19 infections, explains why poor people are at greater risk
- Cartago on Instagram
- Businesses pitch 'shop Edmonton' online portal to sway shoppers to buy local
- Businesses ask for 'shop local strategy' from city
- Shades of Colour on Instagram
- Media Statement: City statement - Camp closure - Camp Pekiwewin
- Rossdale homeless camp cleared by the city, residents encouraged to access 24-7 shelters
Speak to us!
Speaking Municipally is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network: locally grown, community supported.
This week we highlighted CPA Alberta, the professional organization for more than 30,000 Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) across the province. We also talked about Park Power, "a provider of electricity and natural gas in Alberta that offers low rates, awesome service, and profit-sharing with local charities."
Speaking Municipally is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a home for curiosity-driven stories about our city, cultivated by the community. In addition to this podcast, Taproot publishes the Council Roundup every week. Sign up to get it delivered by email for free.★ Support this podcast ★