Councillor Walters on the room where it HaPennesDownload MP3
We talk to Ward 10 Michael Walters for a behind the scenes look at his two terms on council. We talk about drainage, police budgets, regional transit and much more. Plus what lies ahead for the outgoing councillor.
Here are the relevant links for this episode:
Kooks and Sad Losers
Guest: Michael Walters
- News Release: Michael Walters announces he will not run in the next Edmonton municipal election
- Councillor Michael Walters bows out of the 2021 race
Walters on the issues
- April 2013: Michael Walters, Ray Martin jump into the municipal election
- April 2016: Edmonton southwest strip mall revival stymied by restrictive lease, group says
- December 2019: Council approves tax increase of 2.08% for 2020
- Walters: Edmonton can budget better, spend smarter, and do more with less
- Walters: A City Where Business Can Succeed
- City of Edmonton votes to join new Regional Transit Services Commission
- City may back out of suburban development biz, council votes
- Walters tweet about Kaycee Madu
- Walters tweet about Erika Barootes
Speak to us!
Speaking Municipally is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network: locally grown, community supported. This week we talked about the Edmonton Community Foundation which "acts as a bridge between donors and charities to create a strong, vibrant community for generations to come." We also highlighted CPA Alberta, the professional organization for more than 28,500 Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) across the province.
Speaking Municipally is produced by Taproot Edmonton, a home for curiosity-driven stories about our city, cultivated by the community. In addition to this podcast, Taproot publishes the Council Roundup every week. Sign up to get it delivered by email for free.★ Support this podcast ★