Oregano Transit For You
Lots of transit this week! In the last election "BRT" was the dogwhistle word candidates use to say "I hate transit"; we'll help you learn about the new words councillors are using today! Meanwhile downtown, two community leagues are pushing back against a new tower development. How much density is too much?
- 'Not ... an essential service': Free transit debate exposes divisions on council
- Edmonton councillor’s transit inquiry gets rough ride from city council
- Edmonton city council kicks free transit idea to curb
- Don Iveson Tweet
- 13 signatures mark a major milestone for regional transit in Edmonton area
- Edmonton Global officially launches to attract investment to the Edmonton Metro Region
- Council approves a near doubling of density for two downtown towers
- Too many towers? Council grapples with looming question of how much is too much
- Don’t get too excited about supertall building proposals in Edmonton
Speaking Municipally is part of the Alberta Podcast Network: Locally grown. Community supported.
Have a question for us? Comment? Leave us a voice message.
Sign up for updates on Taproot Edmonton.© Taproot Publishing Inc.